Table of Contents
Articles by Brian P. McMahon
Brian P. McMahon is a Business Law and Estate
Attorney with the law
firm of Kreis, Enderle,
Hudgins & Borsos and practices law at its
Michigan and New Buffalo, Michigan offices. Kreis
Enderle also has offices in
Grand Rapids, Michigan,
Battle Creek, Michigan. Mr.
McMahon has been representing privately-owned businesses,
business owners and business owners' families for more than 20
Mr. McMahon's practice is primarily concentrated in the areas of Business/ Corporate Law and Estate Planning and Real Estate Law. By limiting his practice to these areas of law, Mr. McMahon has been able to acquire extensive knowledge of and the ability to keep current on the changes in the laws that effect business owners and their business(es). In addition to providing legal services specific to the operation of their business(es), Mr. McMahon also counsels business owners in matters of business succession planning; business exit planning; and, estate planning to protect family owned businesses and to minimize or defer the effect of the federal death tax. Mr. McMahon's practice also includes general estate planning for individuals/couples with $500,000 or more in assets, probate / trust administration and litigation.
His clients include business entities and business owners located in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, Texas, Delaware and other foreign (out-of-state) jurisdictions, with interests in Michigan. Mr. McMahon also works with numerous Chicago law firms and other out-of-state law firms directly, to assist them in providing services to their clients with a specific transactional need in Michigan and/or a desire to establish a relationship with Michigan legal counsel in the event of need on short notice
Mr. McMahon is a member
of the Business Law
Section (Corporate Laws Committee),
Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of
Michigan; and, a member of the
Section of the American Bar Association.
Mr. McMahon is admitted to the State Bar of Michigan (1992), the United States Federal District Court (1993) and is a member of both the American Bar Association and the Berrien County Bar Association.
- Junior Achievement of Michiana, Board of Directors, 1999-2006, Chair of Board 2004-2006.
- American Red Cross, Berrien County Chapter, Board of Directors, 1998-2004, Vice-Chair of Board 2002-2004.
- Harbor Habitat for Humanity, Inc., General counsel, 2000-2006.
- Krasl Art Foundation, Board of Directors, 2007-2009.
- Readiness Center, Inc., Board of Directors, 2009-2013.
In 2002 Mr. McMahon was a Margaret B. Upton Volunteer Leadership Award Nominee.
Current Involvement & Support
- Legal Aid of Western Michigan, Board of Directors, 2007-present; Vice President, 2013 - present; Audit Committee - Chair, 2009-present.
- Cornerstone Alliance Women's Business Center, Advisory Council, 2009-present.
- Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2009-present, Economic Development Committee - Chair, 2011-present.
- Harbor Habitat for Humanity, Inc., Financial Oversight Committee, 2000-present.
- Cornerstone Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2012-present, Finance and Administration Committee.